Saturday, August 28, 2010

"That was weird"... " No, that was God."

   Today Deb and I were shopping for a suit for me for our wedding. We went to many places to look for just the right one, while at one of the stores we were looking at a brown suit and as I was trying it on , well lets just say it was a little small. I couldn't get it on to well so I was just able to get one arm in and I turned side ways so Deb could get an idea of what the color might look like on me.
 The color looked good I thought, and she thought so too. The next question she asked me was I wonder how this color will be on our grandson, He is a little dark complected. I said jokingly "why not ask someone in the store to try it on". She looked at me and smiled and said"no".
 We continued looking, she had laid the suit that we were looking at up on the rack so we could compare it when we found another one.
 Out the corner of my eye I saw a man walk by the isle that we were in and stop, he walked backwards about two steps and stopped right in front of the isle, he then came down the isle and said " Wow, that is one beautiful suit , are you going to buy that"? He was dressed in a white T-shirt and gray sweat pants. what does that matter you ask? well I don't think that he worked there. anyway he was about the same completion as our grandson, and as the man was looking at the suit I leaned over to Deb and said why don't you ask him if he would mind trying on the suit jacket. and she explained to the gentleman about Thomas and and the man was thrilled to try it on .He then asked if we knew where the mirror was so he could see how it looked. he came back in about a minute or two, and handed Deb back the jacket and thanked us for letting him try it on, I said that we were not going to buy that one , so if he wanted it he could have it. He just said no and thanked us again , and then just walked off. Deb looked at me and said, "that was weird." ans I replied " No, that was God".
 You see, even if that man was a sales person "off duty", or someone looking for a hand out, or just someone passing by and was really impressed with the suit. It doesn't matted ,who he was. It just matters that he was at the right place at the right time. The Lord answered a need that we had even though we didn't ask him too. He still provided for us the answers that we were looking for.
 This man didn't even know, But he was a "blessing to us today". so there might be times that you too could be blessing to others, and not even know it.
 You might not even believe in God, but He will still use you as a blessing to others, and you might never know it. The Lord will take care of his children. no matter how independent you think that you are , you still need Him and he wants to be here for you. just except Him in your life and feel the "Peace".

 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. You say: 'Feel the Peace.' that's it: He IS Peace! Great Blog ... And, if it hadn't been for that gentleman, we would not have had that one major question answered. CF

    ReplyDelete