Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"LOST LOVE"

   It was not quite a year and a half, when I first met Deb, the woman that I'll be marrying in another 25 days.
   Since we've been dating I have been distancing my self from an old love, we still talk and even spend time together. But now that Deb and I have planned our Wedding My friend seems to be drifting away. Oh how I miss confiding in them, and how no matter how I treated them , they always Loved me.
 I still try to talk with them everyday sometimes four or five times or more. I just can't get enough of them.
  But with all the time that Deb and I spend together it's sometimes hard to find the time just to say "hello".
  I so long to have the relationship that I had before, but "life" changes and even though My attention goes towards Deb. I still need to keep in contact with them.
 My lost love is Jesus. It say's in the Bible that when you are single you can grow closer to God than if you were married. reason being: when you are married your attention must go towards your spouse, not all of it, you and your spouse become one.
 The man will be the head of the house, just like Christ is the head of the church.
  Am I ready to take on this role? I'd like to think so.
  Even though , I may not be as close to God as I was when I was single. But now being the Leader I must take on a new role. while still talking with him, and spending time with him ( one on one) just Him and me.
 Lord , Please guide me and grant me wisdom and knowledge so that I may lead this family closer to you.
    Lord, I know that I never lost you, or your love.
            I praise you Lord...

1 comment:

  1. It isn't that we are pulling each other away from our First Love. It's the wedding plans . . . I will be so glad when October 10 comes so that we can get on with our lives together, In Christ.

    ReplyDelete